Info for Visitors
Welcome to the 2017 Slice of Haven Food & Wine Festival.
WHEN: Sunday 21 May 2017
TIME: 10am - 4pm
WHERE: On the foreshore of the Camden Haven River, Seymour Street, Laurieton (Laurieton United Services Club foreshore)
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Entry is by voluntary gold coin donation. This goes towards the local community groups and volunteers who make this sensational festival possible.
Entry includes entertainment, demonstrations, Slice of Beach (giant sandpit for the kids) and live performances on the day. Some charges apply to festival rides and jumping castles.
Spend your money enjoying a taste of the finest local food, wine, beer and coffee, grab a picnic spot and sit back, relax and enjoy the atmosphere that can only be found at the SLICE OF HAVEN!
WHERE CAN I PARK?
Parking is available on the corner of Seymour and Lord Street, Laurieton. We will have a shuttle bus running from the Industrial Bays Laurieton.
A SLICE OF ADVICE
- Entry is by voluntary donation. All proceeds from the entry points are distributed to volunteer organisations such as the State Emergency Service and Camden Haven Surf Lifesaving Club whose members assist with the set up and pack up of the event as well as just being awesome. Funds are also set aside by the volunteer organising committee to kick off Slice of Haven's future events
- No BYO food or drink - it's not cool to bring your own food and drink to a food an wine festival. The event is all about giving you a taste of what gourmet goods are available within our local region. The event supports local businesses and we encourage you to support them too by coming with an open mind and an appetite for indulging in the Camden Haven's finest flavours! If you're still hungry after the event, please visit the restuarants and takeaway shops located in an easy walk of the event or a short drive away in Kew, North Haven, Bonny Hills, Kendall and Lake Cathie.
- Unless you have an assistance dog, please leave your pets at home
- Some seating is available, but to ensure you have somewhere to sit and enjoy the fare please bring a picnic rug or chair
- Lost child/children/parents - a good tip is to write a parent's mobile number on your child's arm. Encourage lost people to "meet at the elephant" (see below). Volunteers at the Mayo Private Hospital-sponsored elephant have Working With Children Clearance and will be able to phone you about your lost child.